No products in the cart.
There are different boxing styles that are generally accepted. The boxer has a natural tendency to gravitate towards a specific style but it can actually change over the years. This time we’re gonna talk about the out-boxer technique.
This is a traditional style of boxing, and it is often called just plain “boxer” and it is definitely one of the most enjoyable techniques to watch as an aficionado. The boxer keeps a gap and stays outside the ring, throwing longer punches, they’re the exact opposite of a swarmer who is aggressive and overwhelming with his opponent.
Probably the most famous out-boxer is Muhammad Ali who weared his opponents down leading to a soft victory.
Here are some ways you can identify this style and get to know if you yourself are a out-boxer.
- You take your time to identify your opponent’s style
- You like to maintain distance from your opponent
- You make long range punches.
- You’re quick on your feet
- You stay outside, come in throwing a few punches, and step back
- Your punches are calculated and constant.
Remember no boxer is married to a single style throughout his career. You can learn what’s best for you, practice, study your opponent and achieve victory.